< - >
SOTU drinking game, 2008 - 2008-01-27
little light - 2007-12-19
hamburger phone - 2007-12-18
why 'grease' is a perfect LA movie - 2007-12-17
recipe: barley treasure - 2007-10-12
2007-10-12 - 9:11 a.m.
- 1 cup barley, hulled or pearled
- 6 small or 3 large carrots
- 1/2 lb fresh okra
- 1 1/2 cup of beef broth
- additional 1/2 cup beef
- 1 1/2 cup fresh water
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- cook barley in 1 1/2 cups broth and 1 1/2 cups water until tender (about 45 min for pearled barley, 90 min for hulled). i use a rice cooker but a covered pan on the stovetop over low heat works just as well.
- chop okra, carrots, sausage into coin shapes.
- melt butter in nonstick frying pan or wok. add carrots and fry for a couple of minutes. then add sausage and fry until slightly browned. add okra last, along with the additional 1/2 cup beef broth.
- add the barley to the pan and add salt and pepper to taste. serves 4.